Monday 1 June 2015

Change

Hi!
As the title so subtly suggests this post is all about a wonderful and scary thing called change. Over the past year and a half change and I have been seeing a lot of each other. To sum it up in a sentence I've become a vegan, embraced feminism, quit binge drinking and left my job, friends and family to study creative and professional writing in Melbourne. But for anyone (if there was anyone) that happened to regularly read this blog before these changes wouldn't mean anything. 

While I was blogging in 2013 I never offered any real information on who I was or what my life was like. It was just photo after photo of outfits that I never really wore in my everyday life (high heels for example) followed by two shallow sentences about how awesome the brand was. All I wanted from the blog was followers, recognition and free clothes. I wanted validation that I was good enough, pretty enough, skinny enough because it was too hard to believe it myself. I was blogging for all the wrong reasons and inevitably I got sick of it and left 'The Diamond Haze' laying dormant for over a year. But as we all know, a lot can happen in a year. 

I changed and my attitude to blogging changed with it. I realised that when I felt like checking out fashion blogs I wasn't seeking out the professionals like Tuula or The Blonde Salad. These women, though beautiful and stylish were alien to me. They had photographer boyfriends and a wardrobe full of $700 dollar dresses. Their perfection had grown boring. I wanted something real and flawed and creative and passionate. I wanted the small time bloggers that share what they love and are independent from constant brand collaborations. So that's what I hope to become. 
This blog is for me now and I plan to fill it with honesty and love and happiness. 
So here's for change and second chances. I hope you will all enjoy. :)
xo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment